With it’s time to move, it’s time to move personal assets from one place to another. For the wealthier people in the world, that means there is a possibility some rather valuable assets will need to be moved, assets like fine art and expensive furniture. What happens if one or more of those assets is a luxury car like a Mercedes Benz, Bently, or Italian sports car?
If you need to relocate your luxury car, driving it to the new location is likely not what you would want to do. If that’s the case, hiring a professional car transport company would be a far better option.
Considerations When Hiring a Professional Car Transport Company
If you own an expensive luxury car, you’ll probably want to find the best transport company in your area. That’s a reasonable assumption. How would you go about doing that? The best way to find the right luxury car transport company based on your needs would be to use the following criteria:
- Shipping method – open carrier versus enclosed carrier
- The reputation of the car transport company – seek references and reviews with a focus on luxury cars
- Address insurance concerns – what is covered and not covered
- Available shipping times and destinations
- Shipping costs
The Enclosed Shipping Option
If you own a luxury car or two, you are probably a person of means. That would make factors like schedule availability, and shipping cost a lot less important than getting your car or cars to their final destination with nary a scratch.
If cost is less of a concern than protecting your car, you should absolutely select an enclosed car transport option. With this option, your car would be placed in an enclosed trailer. It would be secured with chains and or straps to restrict movement. If other vehicles are carried in the same trailer, they would also be secured, with plenty of distance between vehicles.
Due to the higher level of protection you would get from enclosed shipping, you will have to pay a higher price. If your car is valued at $75K or more, it would be worth paying the extra cost for the extra protection.
The Benefits of Enclosed Shipping for Luxury Vehicles
Car protection is not the only benefit you would derive by choosing an enclosed luxury car shipping option. Some of the other benefits you could derive from enclosed shipping would include:
– Open the door to more car shipping companies with a lot of experience shipping luxury cars.
– Protects the car from harsh weather elements and flying debris, which increases the likelihood the shipping company will not have to encounter shipping delays.
– Leaves the car more secure when the driver needs to stop for gas, a meal, or an overnight stay.
– Enclosed carriers take fewer cars, which increases the likelihood that your luxury car or cars can be shipped sooner rather than later because of fewer stops.
– Allows you to put less emphasis on purchasing insurance beyond the minimums that the shipping company might offer.
– Decrease the likelihood of encountering damage disputes after your car or cars arrive at their final destination.
– Shipping companies tend to use their best drivers and shipping equipment when transporting expensive vehicles, perhaps antiques or classics.
– The time needed to wash a car is far less if it was shipped in an enclosed trailer.
– Transport companies are likelier to provide frequent shipping updates to high-end customers.
For most people, purchasing a high-end luxury car is an investment instead of an expense. That’s why luxury car owners tend to care for their cars better.
If you ship a luxury car, you would be well-advised to do so in an enclosed trailer or container. It’s the most logical way to ensure that your car arrives at its final destination in the same condition it was in when you shipped it. Yes, the cost will be higher. With that said, there has to be a value assigned to having less hassles and more peace of mind.