FMI analysts report that the world’s Salesforce services market is currently rising by more than 14% annually and is projected to reach $33.5 bln by 2029. Experts from https://noltic.com/ explain the active growth with the multiple benefits of Salesforce-based applications. However, shady developers can ruin your success by providing low quality services. To help business owners avoid problems, Noltic specialists came up with a few pro tips on selecting trustworthy Salesforce developers.
The very first thing that Noltic.com experts recommend you to do, is to clearly define the business purposes you strive to achieve and the aspects of your company that should be improved. This information will helps to find app creators with the appropriate experience.
Set Your Budget
Business owners have to clearly understand how much funds they can spend on the development of Salesforce solution. Here are the main aspects to consider:
- Don’t expect cheap services. Salesforce-based app development is a complicated process that takes a lot of effort and time and requires the involvement of multiple skilled professionals. Thus, such services just can’t be low-cost.
- If you’ve still decided to save money, look for the developers who are currently holding promotions. Also, you may try to hire startups. Some newly launched companies offer app-making assistance at a below-average price to attract more clients. But you will need to carefully check the experiences of the startup employees to eliminate the risk of ordering poor-quality services. For example, ask to see the projects in which the specialists were involved before they’ve committed to the newly established firm.
- Factor in the cost of maintaining the ready-made solution. Credible Salesforce developers usually offer long-term cooperation to their clients. That’s because software should not only be made but also supported. The most qualitative application maintenance, in turn, may be provided only by its original creators.
Lastly, consider that nowadays, even innovative software gets outdated in 1-1.5 years. Consequently, it is necessary to set aside funds for regular application updates.
Determine the Optimal Timeline
On one side, the shorter the app creation and implementation period, the faster you will be able to benefit from its use. On the other hand, your customers won’t be happy with a hastily made digital solution.
Noltic.com experts advise determining an optimal project timeline based on the application’s complexity. For instance, apps with simple functionalities are usually made in 3 to 6 months. At average, the developments process lasts up to 9 months.
Features of Trustworthy Salesforce Developers
Credible development companies always operate under licenses issued by authoritative organizations. Here is the list of the things you need to check:
- The list of allowed types of works in the certificate must include all the services you are about to order.
- The licenses must be up-to-date until the end of the cooperation between you and a Salesforce development agency.
- The serial numbers of the certificates must be valid and listed on the official website of the issuing organization.
Additionally, reputable developers typically have certificates issued directly by Salesforce. The ownership of such certifications testifies to the high level of company qualification.
Direct Contract With The Clients
Here is the list of the things that must be in your contract:
- Project timeline. There should also be a clause on the procedure for dealing with unforeseen circumstances.
- Total cost of the project, so the contractors won’t be able to request extra payments.
- Clear description of the rights and duties of all parties. This will ensure that the executor performs the project to the fullest extent possible.
And here is the list of the things to watch out for, as they must not be in your contract:
- Fine print. Dubious developers frequently use this trick to hide unfavorable coworking terms.
- Empty lines. Any blank space may be filled out with extra cooperation conditions after a contract is concluded.
- Ambiguous statements. At any chance the executor gets to interpret the terms of cooperation in their favor, they are going to do it.
Finally, all the paper copies of the contract must be impressed with a seal of both parties. Make sure you store your copy safely, so there won’t be any stains and streaks on the sheets. Otherwise, the court may declare the contract invalid during the trial.
Every experienced developer should be able to share a list of completed projects that includes software made for companies operating in different industries. If a chosen development agency has a portfolio of applications created for clients from the same branch, you should reconsider your decision. Such a narrow specialization may not completely suit your goals.
Positive Feedback Online
Shady development firms often hire writers to publish complimentary reviews on their services. Moreover, they also pay copywriters to leave negative comments about the competitors. So, if the comment section of a particular agency is only filled with praising or has way too many overly negative entries, about particular Salesforce developers, it’s better to check other sites with consumer feedback.
Typical Clients’ Mistakes
The main slip-up is choosing in a rush. Of course, any successful business owner appreciates the value of time. But experts recommend to carefully consider all the available options on the market before setting your mind on a particular developer. This time will be well spent as you will pick the best offer at the cheapest cost.
Another common mistake is picking yes-men instead of skilled professionals. One should keep in mind that they are hiring Salesforce developers to improve the efficiency of their companies. Since your firm hasn’t been productive enough so far, you surely have some wrong aspects about your workflow. Credible development specialists will discover those flaws and do their best to correct them. So, it’s only natural that they won’t agree with you here and there.
A Few Words in Conclusion
Choosing a reliable Salesforce development agency is vital if you really want to increase corporate productivity, reduce expenses, etc. But one can reap the full benefits only if they entrust Salesforce-based software creation to reputable specialists. Before making the final decision on a developer, determine your goals and intently check the programming firm you’re going to cooperate with. Otherwise, you risk wasting money on poor-quality services. Business owners can get more details on this topic from thematic blogs at noltic.com.