PDF files are used everywhere in the corporate, academic, and personal spheres. Owing to that, many PDF reader and viewer tools are available today to help us read PDFs for free and conveniently. However, not all tools are trustworthy and offer the same set of feature-rich offerings. Some might provide an incomplete experience, while others may ask you for a hefty price for premium features. Therefore, this article intends to cover the best free PDF reader and viewer tool for 2023, which promises to offer every feature you need for a smooth PDF reading experience. So, let’s begin our discussion!
Part 1. The Best Free PDF Reader for Windows/Mac/iOS/Android
Out of plenty of free PDF viewer tools, the best one will outclass others with its seamless reading features, multi-page layouts, smooth scrolling, and other advanced features. So, where to find this best feature-rich tool? This is where UPDF comes into action.
is the best free PDF reader loaded with every feature to view and read PDFs seamlessly. Its click-based, user-friendly interface provides a delightful PDF reading experience. It supports viewing PDFs in different page layouts, such as single-page view, single-page scrolling, two-page view, and two-page scrolling.
The below key features reflect why UPDF is the best free PDF reader:
- 4 OS Compatibility: It is compatible with all four major operating systems, i.e., Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android. And you can use it on four platforms by registering only one account.
- Change Background Color: It can change the background color between day and dark mode for a comfortable reading experience as per the surroundings.
- Page Layouts: It allows you to view PDFs in single-page view, single-page scrolling, two-page view, and two-page scrolling.
- Dual-Screen Mode: It supports dual-screen mode to read two PDFs side by side. Besides that, its multi-tab view of the desktop allows you to open multiple PDFs at once.
- Annotate PDFs: It includes built-in annotation tools to highlight, underline, mark, draw, comment, add stamps/stickers, and do other customizations while reading.
- AI Assistant: It is integrated with a ChatGPT-powered AI assistant that can help you read lengthy PDFs thoroughly and rapidly. You can use the AI assistant to ask for PDF-related Q&As, summaries, translations, and explanations.
- Bookmark & Search: You can bookmark your PDF and use its search bar to find specific text in the document.
- Slideshow: Its slideshow feature allows you to view PDF pages in a slideshow form similar to a PowerPoint presentation.
Overall, all the above feature-rich capabilities of UPDF truly reflect it as the best . So, if you want to view and read PDFs in a seamless and delightful way, download UPDF and read PDFs on the go.
Part 2. UPDF – More Than A Free PDF Reader
UPDF’s powerful functionalities are not just limited to being a free PDF viewer. It has plenty of other features to offer. In fact, if we call UPDF an all-in-one tool to handle all aspects of PDF, then it won’t be wrong.
The key features of UPDF alongside PDF reading are as follows:
- Edit PDFs: It can edit text, images, links, backgrounds, headers/footers, and all other elements on PDFs with simple clicks.
- Create and Convert PDFs: It can create and convert PDFs from and into different formats, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, image, text, etc.
- Compress PDFs: It can reduce large-sized PDFs into small-sized PDFs without compromising the quality.
- OCR PDFs: It can intelligently detect the content of scanned PDFs and convert them into editable PDFs.
- Create & Fill & Sign: It allows you to create and fill forms and sign PDFs quickly.
- Batch PDFs: Its batch process feature allows you to convert, combine, print, encrypt, and insert multiple PDFs at once to save significant time.
- UPDF Cloud: It provides dedicated cloud storage to save PDFs on the cloud and access them anywhere.
- Organize PDFs: It can quickly add, replace, rotate, delete, crop, split, extract, and rearrange pages within a PDF.
- Protect PDFs: It allows you to secure PDFs with passwords.
- File Management: It provides a central place to manage all your PDF files.
In short, UPDF is a one-stop tool to view, edit, and manage PDFs on any computing device. So, wait no more, make UPDF an essential tool on your device, and get 65% off UPDF Pro and its AI add-on right now.
Part 3. FAQs about Free PDF Reader
Q1. Is there a free PDF reader available?
Yes, there are plenty of free PDF readers available. UPDF is one such free PDF reader that provides a seamless experience to read PDFs in different page layouts and background colors. Moreover, you can use UPDF for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Q2. Does Google have a PDF reader?
Yes, Google has a PDF reader. Its Chrome browser has a built-in PDF reader, while its Google Drive can also store and open PDFs.
Q3. Does Windows 10 have a free PDF reader?
For Windows 10, Microsoft Edge serves as a free PDF reader that can easily open local and online PDF files.
Q4. How do I open a PDF without Adobe?
There are plenty of ways to open a PDF without using Adobe. You can open PDFs using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Safari browser. Alternatively, you can use free PDF reader tools like UPDF to view a PDF.
Part 4. Conclusion
PDFs have become the most popular format to view and share documents ever since the world’s digitization. Therefore, the need for the right PDF reader has also skyrocketed. This article thoroughly discussed UPDF as the best free PDF reader tool owing to its feature-rich capabilities. It serves as a standalone tool to view PDFs, annotate important points, and use its other features to further edit and customize PDFs. So, we will wrap the article by recommending you download UPDF and have the best free PDF viewer on your device.