In our modern world, it is impossible to imagine life without cell phones. The number of people using smartphones and other gadgets is increasing every day. Among the many functions that can be used on smartphones, there is one such as sending and receiving messages. However, sometimes there is a need to receive information from SMS, but you do not want to disclose your personal number. And in this situation, a temporary phone number for verification can help.
This service has many uses: for example, if you want to receive a confirmation code via SMS, register on a site which requires a cell phone number, but you don’t need to show your personal phone number.
Why Do I need a Temporary Phone Number?
In today’s world, a phone number may be needed in many areas of daily life and business. The simplicity and accessibility of the service allows you to receive SMS messages in the shortest possible time without disclosing your personal number. This can come in handy in many situations where you want to remain anonymous.
For example, when placing ads for sales or services on the Internet, you can specify a fake phone number to avoid unwanted messages and calls from customers.
It will also be useful if you want to register anonymously on a particular resource. For example, it can be a dating site or a social network that requires confirmation by SMS. This way you get access to all possible services without disclosing your main phone number.
All in all, using a temporary phone number can be a very useful and convenient tool to protect your personal information and privacy in situations where you need it.
Benefits of Temporary Phone Numbers
A temporary (virtual) number is a modern alternative to SIM cards. If you want to keep your personal and work accounts separate or remain anonymous when you sign up online, you can buy a new SIM card or simply connect such a phone number.
Advantages of temporary phone numbers:
- It can be used for anonymous communication, for example, when registering to check sites, where it is required to confirm the phone number. Also convenient for those who do not want to disclose their personal information.
- Convenience without tethering to a SIM. Works on a variety of devices – smartphones, tablets and computers – without the need to transfer a SIM card. This allows you to stay connected anytime, anywhere.
- All you need is the Internet. Anyone can start receiving SMS messages from anywhere in the world, where there is access to the Internet.
- This phone number is much cheaper than a regular mobile number and does not require roaming charges or charges for using the service in other countries. This is convenient for those who often travel or work abroad.
- You can choose the most suitable period of time for renting a phone number, the country of the mobile operator and even a particular service where you need to accept the confirmation code.
How Can I get a Temp Phone Number?
To use the temporary phone number service, you need to find a provider. One of the most popular and well-known providers is the SMS-man platform. Let’s look at an example how to do it.
Follow these steps to get a temporary phone number:
- Find sms-man.com and create an account;
- Go to “Replenish my balance” from the menu on the left and make a deposit;
- Open the home page again to select the country of the mobile operator and the service you want to get the code from;
- Get your phone number by clicking on the “Buy” button next to it. Then the system will automatically add it to the relevant section;
- Apply the phone number for registration in the chosen service and wait for sending the code;
- To get it, go back to “History” and click on “Get SMS” opposite your number;
- Apply the code to complete the registration.